Sunday, January 9, 2011
Sunday, January 9, 2010
Caleb's NG tube is out because he finally got some professional pictures today. We got some pictures with the tube in because that is who he is right now, but we also wanted some without the tube so we could see his handsome face. I will have some great photos to post soon!
Caleb got his second RSV shot on Friday from his visiting nurse. She is a great lady that always feels bad giving him shots. She apologized and gave him a kiss before she left.
Caleb's blood oxygen saturation levels were lower again this week. It is definitely time for the next surgery. He ranged from 59% to 76% - not quite the 70% to 80% we want. He is still growing. This week he weighed 11 pounds, 2 ounces. We have broken the 11 pound mark!
Right now, Caleb has absolutely no interest in taking a bottle. I am a little nervous that he is developing an oral aversion as a result of his reflux. We have decided not to push the bottle and wait until after the surgery. Hopefully, with the increased energy he should have after the surgery, he will be more successful with the bottle and realize it is a good way to eat. Right now, we are kind of in a Catch 22 situation. He has reflux because of the NG tube, but is not interested in the bottle because of the reflux, requiring us to keep the NG tube.
Next week at this time (as long as Caleb doesn't get sick), Caleb and I will be in Ann Arbor. We have to be at the hospital at 6:45 am on Monday, so we will travel over on Sunday. On Monday, he will have an echocardiogram, an EKG, bloodwork, and will meet with the cardiologist. Luckily, nothing he has on Monday will be very invasive, so I will get to stay with him all day and he will come back to the hotel or Ronald McDonald house with me on Monday night. We will head over to the hospital at 6:15 am on Tuesday for his surgery. He is the first case on Tuesday.
I will try my best to post next Sunday, but depending on the weather and Caleb's ability to settle in, it may not happen.