Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Today was my last doctor's appointment. I had an ultrasound to check on the baby's growth and his heart. The ultrasound said that he is 7 pounds, 5 ounces and is still right on track. It will be interesting to see how that measures up with his actual birth weight. His heart still looks the same with no new fluid around it and no new problems. Everything looks just like it should.

I had another non stress test today. It seems as if this little guy has two energy levels - asleep and very awake. Today was very awake. Even though he is running out of space, he still manages to move away from the monitor. We did finish in forty minutes or so, one of our best tests to date.

The doctor checked, and I am making progress, but am not in the red zone yet. I asked her what we are supposed to do if I thought I was starting labor. She said that I should see if I feel like I could make it to Ann Arbor or not. So, I guess the plan is to drive as fast as we can and hope I don't have the baby at the Brighton off-ramp!

The induction is scheduled for next Monday. The hospital will call us and then we are supposed to head to Ann Arbor. I have a suspicion that we will be a little jumpy on Monday. The next post should be when the baby is here!

2 comments:

  1. Your family will be in our prayers tomorrow. I hope you feel God's peace and grace during this week.
    Tom & Brenda Benedict

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, Jen! I am praying that everything goes just as scripted! This little man has quite a lot of cheerleaders!

    ReplyDelete