Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sunday, November 14, 2010


Dressed in camouflage like Grandpa


Finally smiling in a photo


Fancy outfit, crabby boy


Checking out Ella up close

Caleb is still doing very well. When the visiting nurse came last Tuesday, Caleb weighed 9 pounds, 5 ounces. That is a good weight gain for him. His blood oxygen saturation was around 82%, a very acceptable number for his condition. The nurse was happy with how he is doing.

Caleb does have a little bit of a runny nose, but it is only showing up in the morning. Hopefully it is nothing and will not cause him any problems. With three siblings in school, stuff is going to be brought home. We are trying to keep him as germ-free as possible, but it is very tricky. I find myself cringing and looking for Caleb whenever I hear anyone cough or sneeze. The Big Three got their flu shots last week (and were not very happy about it) so hopefully that will give us a little more protection.

Caleb has not made much progress on taking a bottle. He still has not taken more than 17 mL from the bottle at a feeding. We are meeting with the Early On program people this week to assess how far behind he is developmentally and maybe they will have some suggestions for us. He can suck, swallow and breathe, but he either gets tired or loses interest after a short period of time.

We are happy that he is settling in at home and we are getting better at figuring him out. The plan is to take him to the office this week so I can try to get some real work done. I am self employed and have been off of work too long. Luckily, I have a building of my own and have a spare office. Hopefully, Caleb will enjoy being a junior engineer, because taking him to daycare is not an option!

2 comments:

  1. As much as I want him at daycare with me I would be scared silly. Im glad he is doing so
    well. Hey love the camo outfit...I knew there was a reason I picked that one out!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad all is well! Super cute camo outfit!!!! Hopefully Caleb enjoyed work!!! :)

    ReplyDelete