Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Today was my first non-stress test. Unfortunately, the baby took the term literally and would not be stressed. My understanding is that the point of the test is to get the baby's heart rate up at least twice in twenty minutes. The baby moved a lot, but his heart rate never increased enough. I am wondering if our lack of success was due to his heart problems, or the constant noise and chaos that surrounds his home. I spent 3 1/2 hours at the doctor's office and never did get the results they were looking for.

I also found out that I was having contractions. I did not feel them and they are not moving things along, but the doctor wasn't very excited to see them. The bright spot is that the contractions didn't stress the baby. Nothing does!

My next appointment is next Tuesday. Hopefully, we will have better luck and things will look the way they are supposed to.

Countdown: 9 weeks to go

No comments:

Post a Comment