Monday, May 17, 2010

Monday, May 17, 2010

Today I had my last "Before Ann Arbor" checkup. Everything is still good. I passed my gestational diabetes test and I am not anemic. I was so excited to pass a test! The baby's heartrate is still good and there is no new fluid around his heart. He is still moving and getting stronger and I am measuring right at 26 weeks like I am supposed to be.

I got to see a 4D ultrasound of the baby today. My eyes teared up to see a front-on facial view of our baby. The 4D ultrasound allows you to see a "real" picture of the baby - face, lips, nose, hands with more than bones, etc. I have a great picture of his hand up over his eye and the umbilical cord running next to his hand. It was absolutely amazing. The ultrasound is in real time (the 4th dimension) and I got to see him open and close his mouth.

As the kids would say, I am "nervcited" about going to Ann Arbor. I am looking forward to getting some real answers and hoping there is some positive news. We will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment